Production Test Engineer
Employment Type: Contract (Inside IR35)
Length of Contract: 6 months
Rates: £20.99-22.48p/h PAYE
Clearance: SC Clearance required for this role
Key Skills: Test and diagnosis of complex digital and analogue electronics down to subsystem level
Our Client is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where workers can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. They value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Our Client wants to ensure you have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process. They recognise that everyone is unique and encourage you to speak to them should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Our Client is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. They welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. They understand that flexibility benefits people, teams and business; wherever possible they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Please Note: Our Client requires all workers to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role.
* Production test and diagnostics of complex products at system and Subsystem level
* Testing of complex electronic and electrical equipment
* Diagnosis of production test failures down to component level
* Identification of corrective action, in a timely manner allowing Manufacturing to continue production in line with programme
* Assessment of Test Equipment issues, directing support services to resolve equipment failures
* Evaluation of technical problems in order to develop proposals for investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements
* Test Engineering representative at Defect Review Board meetings to ensure efficient progress of equipment and quality notifications towards corrective action
* HNC/HND (Electronics) Level of Qualifications or equivalent
* Good level of experience in digital & analogue electronics manufacture and test
* Knowledge of measurement and test principles, and associated equipment
* Good planning and organising skills.
* Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Attention to detail
* Manual handling training
* Understanding of RF and microwave technology at subsystem level
* Environmental testing (including ESS)
* ESD training
Key words: production test engineer, test engineer, analytical skills, digital, analogue, test principles, RF, microwave, manual handling, diagnostic
Commutable from: Bolton, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Chester, Preston, Blackburn, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Stockport, Burnley
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.