Production Test Engineer- Contract (Inside IR35) 6-months- Bolton-£28 – £30 Umbrella, PAYE £20.99 – £22.48
Our Defence client in Bolton is looking for a Test Engineer to join their manufacturing department on the production line in an initial 6-month contract in Bolton.
The Production Test Engineer will be focussed on test and diagnosis of complex weapons at system and subsystem level with the following responsibilities:
* Testing electronic and electrical equipment, diagnosing production test failures down to component level. Identifying corrective action, in a timely manner, allowing manufacturing to continue inline with the project programme.
* Assessment of test equipment issues and directing support services for resolution of equipment failures.
* Evaluation of technical problems to develop proposals of investigations, corrective actions and process improvements
* Represent the Test Engineering team at Defect Review Board meetings
* HNC/HND (Electronics or equivalent) level of Education
* Experience in digital and analogue manufacturing and testing
* Understanding of measurement and test principles and associated equipment
* ESD Training
* Manual Handling training
* RF and Microwave technology at subsystem level
* Environmental Testing (including ESS)
Due to the nature of the projects, the successful candidate will need to already hold or be able to obtain a minimum SC level security clearance.
Key words: test engineer, production, test, system, subsystem, component, environmental testing, electronic, electrical
Commutable from: Bolton, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Chester, Preston, Blackburn, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Crewe, Stoke-on-Trent, Stockport, Burnley
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.