Programme/Product Design Authority
Permanent – West Sussex
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Stream resourcing are currently working with a globally leading, innovative Aerospace company that spans across both the Military and Civil domains. They currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Design Authority to join their team, focusing on the development, delivery and support of products and programmes to a wide variety of customers in the aerospace sector.
As a PDA you will:
* Ensure that the technical solution is feasible, competitive and meets customer expectations or product requirements, in terms of cost, innovation, performance, schedule, etc.
* Act as the primary technical leader of the bid or project team. Act as lead technical interface with the Customer
* Monitor, review, advise and assist with technical issues across the programme
* Ensure the solution compliance with product polices and requirements, as well as applicable legislation & regulations
* Check that the Engineering Environment (process, practices and tools) for the Solution is consistent with Country/Company requirements, and overall Solution cost, technical risks & schedule
* Review together with the System Engineering Manager the technical risks and opportunities and the related mitigation plans throughout the bid or project
* Approve the main bid/project engineering reviews and deliverables
* Organise when appropriate technical meetings and peer reviews together with the Architect, Subject Matter Experts and the System Engineering Manager and other stakeholders in order to perform the solution technical assessment and validation.
* Contributing to safety and airworthiness certification of products
* Functional Team Leadership of Product Line Architects and Solution Architects, including; setting objectives, leading appraisal discussions, and ensuring progression against agreed development actions.
* Is able to proficiently interpret product requirements and design cost-effective technical solutions; working with a Solution Architect to generate or initiate innovative solutions to complex problems compliant to the applicable requirements set
* Demonstrates commercial awareness in the technical domain
* Is able and motivated to assume a functional leadership position and drive the development of the Compliance team within engineering, through provision of thought leadership, strategic thinking, and coaching
* A Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a numerate, scientific or engineering subject or higher education/equivalent training and experience
* Experience of working in the Aerospace/Avionics domain (either Civil or Military) with an understanding of the context of operation of avionic systems, how they interrelate and interconnect, and understanding of Qualification & Certification requirements for avionic Systems
* Broad knowledge of Systems Engineering discipline, process, practises and tools
* Understanding of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle and tailoring
* Understanding of Requirements Engineering & Management
* Understanding of Integration, Verification & Validation (IVV)
* Knowledge of production testability and maintainability
* Experience of interfacing with third party organisations
* Experience of line management and supporting the development of engineering capability
* An ability to support bids, programmes, and modifications to operational solutions
* Chartered Engineer is preferred, but not essential. Applicants will be supported in achieving CEng if desired
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.