Role Overview – This role is responsible for supporting Landing Gear System R&T Project activities, this includes contributing and supporting multiple projects to ensure projects delivers on time, cost & quality. The candidate will be reporting to the Landing Gear R&T Project Leaders.
We are a diverse, entrepreneurial and self-empowered team working in an exciting and dynamic environment delivering innovation to existing and future landing gear systems. The Landing Gear is a critical system highly integrated into the aircraft and encapsulates both primary structure and complex systems in a challenging operating environment. It offers a unique set of system, equipment and structure that consist of physical and functional design elements.
This position offers the opportunity to develop multidisciplinary skills by working on the following subjects:
* LG structure architecture
* LG equipment development
* LG system architecture and design
* Overall aircraft design
* Loads & Performance
* Wheels, Tyres & Brakes
* Extension & Retraction
* Braking, Steering & Control
* Modelling & Simulation
* Project support and management support for R&T projects and external funding reporting as part of the UK-led initiative R&T Projects.
* Activities include planning, finances, coordination of the quarterly reporting, submission of change requests etc.
* Logistics focal point (equipment shipping, customs etc.).
* Project Management support to various work packages
* Coordinate supplier invoicing and goods receipts.
* Technical liaison with Suppliers.
* Organisation and coordination of reviews with funding body, suppliers and internal departments.
* Preparation and distribution of presentation material
* Organisation and coordination of internal reviews of presentation material.
* Liaison with contracts management and suppliers and to enable additions and changes to current work scopes.
* Focal point for the preparation of future funding bids.
* Experience in the Aerospace sector is preferable but not essential.
* An understanding of aircraft Structures, Systems or Avionics would be preferable.
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, Microsoft Word or Google Docs
* Keen to learn about broader technical and non-technical aspects of product development and delivery.
* Able to influence, lead and collaborate to deliver the optimal solutions, either as part of a team or autonomously.
* Able to take ownership of your activities and support your team members by making commitments that you work hard to uphold.
* Able to adapt your message to different audiences and people with different perspectives, with a willingness to take on feedback and to change course when required.
* Multi-disciplined/skilled, curious and innovative with a willingness to challenge the norm and learn/continuous improve.
* Honest, transparent and supportive of their colleagues.
* Ideally knowledgeable of Landing Gear Systems and modern development methodologies (e.g. Digitalisation & Model Based System Engineering), but not a pre-requisite.
* Willing to travel occasionally, depending upon business needs.
* A challenging environment where the path ahead is not fixed.
* Working in a team that supports each other and looks to have fun along the way.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.