We are seeking a highly motivated and results driven individual, who can demonstrate appropriate experience of delivering and strategising for Digitalisation projects in a challenging industrial research environment. Your ability to integrate corporate strategy, capture end user requirements and infuence senior managers and partner organisations will be key, along with a talent to deliver creative solutions. You will need the experience and vision to effectively support the delivery of innovative digitalisation technologies that include the development of best in class hardware and software solutions. You will have the ability to collaborate well within a team and develop effective relationships with customers, partners and suppliers. Your knowledge of digitalisation, IM and software solutions will allow you to seek out and exploit industry best practice, bringing unique & innovative digital solutions that improve manufacturing productivity and inspire engagement.
* Lead the defnition, planning & delivery of Wing of Tomorrow Digitalisation projects in the domains of simulation, digital mock up, PLM, MES, network architecture, data management, visualisation, and operational technologies
* Translate complex subject matters into meaningful deliverables
* As part of the OWOMF Digitalisation team you will be accountable and responsible for the delivery of strategies for the application and synergy of digital tool sets related to simulation and architecture in line with the central DDMS and DIVS strategies, incorporating the long-term digitalisation and IM requirements.
* Contribute to industrial research in various areas of digital manufacturing, becoming a domain expert in your areas of responsibility in order to advise on and deliver the best solutions
* With your knowledge of the digital manufacturing landscape you will be expected to identify and manage opportunities, knowledge/capability gaps and risks
* Lead a government funded project from an perspective, working closely with partner organisations to achieve mutual research goals in the areas of digitalisation and sustainability
* Report progress to the HO Digitalisation in Wing of Tomorrow and UK Government Monitoring Ofcers, as well as key stakeholders within the business (DDMS, Broughton Plant, ME)
* Represent Broughton plant and Wing of Tomorrow at transnational DDMS strategic Roadmap planning events, ensure alignment of OWO Digital Roadmap with the harmonised central digital capabilities.
* Stakeholder management of functional owners and transnational representatives within OMI in relation to Digitalisation deliverables.
* Working closely with the transnational team, ensure the defnition & deployment of digitalisation projects and work packages in line with Wing of Tomorrow milestones.
* Create & maintain the networks / partnerships required with relevant customers & suppliers
* Deployment of SAFe (Agile) for all improvement projects including provision of associated AOP budget & CapEx requirements.
* Compliance and proactiveness in the areas of cyber Security hardware and software deployment.
* Financial management related to CAPEX, OPEX, Chargeback, RC and NRC
* Deliver of Earned Value Milestones (EVMs) throughout the year in alignment with the OWOMF delivery plan
* Accountable as part of the WoT Digitalisation team for delivering the WoT Digitalisation plan and feeding in to the Broughton Plant Digitalisation Route Map each year
* Identify and manage risks within OWOMF, and communicate through the site risk management process.
* Contribute to digital strategic objectives as key voice of operational challenges
* Manage (arbitrate and synchronize) WoT digital portfolio (business continuity and transformation) for complete local operations scope with focus on developing the functional, data, application and technology architectures
* Acting as the focal point for Digitalisation topics for your assigned area, championing and communicating our digital journey
* Support the business in delivery and utilisation of Google Workspace toolsets.
As the successful candidate you must be able to demonstrate the following;
* Degree Level in Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Computer Science though equivalent experience will be considered
* Prior knowledge of network architecture, connectivity, and manufacturing technologies
* Prior knowledge of simulation, digital systems and process development
* Experience as a Product Owner (SAFe Agile) and their responsibilities within an Agile Release Train
* Experience collaborating with external parties in order to deliver solutions to meet business requirements
* Experience in managing individuals and projects (planning, delivery, risk management and fnancial control)
* Sensitivity to customer needs and possessing excellent Stakeholder Management & Infuencing Skills with all levels of business
* Demonstrated innovative thinking from project scoping through to implementation
* Ability to adapt and grow in a fast paced and ever changing work environment
* Ability to collaborate transparently and proactively within a team of Product Owners, Scrum Masters and partners
* Genuine desire to grow and learn as well as contribute positively to a team oriented work environment
* Strong interest in solving complex problems with multi-functional team collaboration
* Knowledge of computer programming languages such as Java, C#, C++, SQL, Google Apps Script or Python (desirable but not compulsoFry)
* Experience with 3DExperience, computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, computer-aided engineering including Digital Mock Ups
* Previous experience in an operational environment (desirable but not compulsory)
* English language at negotiation level, other languages would be an asset
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.