Project Engineer – (Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical)
Full time – Permanent
Salary £30,000 – £40,000
Our client are a market leader in delivering technology and professional services strategies that support their customers. They have the agility and capability to respond to the next wave of technology with the team structure to work collaboratively. Their main aim is to become an embedded and trusted partner their clients. Their success in delivery is based on bringing in and developing the right people to help their clients and partners to achieve their vision.
Our clients reputation for operating responsibly and safely is critical as they go about the everyday business of supporting organisations within highly regulated industries. They are committed to working to the highest ethical, safety and environmental standards.
Purpose of the role
To be the focus for all engineering activities on a project, working with the Project Engineering Manager to ensure the technical content of the project is delivered successfully against the customer requirements.
Key responsibilities and tasks
* Provide information to the project manager, enabling accurate project planning, including providing detail of work packages, break down of tasks and estimates of the scale of the work required to complete the project
* Lead the design and development activities relating to the project. Providing technical guidance to the engineering resources assigned, including managing the flow of information from technical specialists undertaking work related to the project
* Create and maintain specifications, project BOMs and other documentation required to deliver the technical content of the project.
* Identify technical risks to the Project Manager and work on the appropriate strategies for risk management.
* Track activities to project plans and budgets, regularly reporting to the Project Manager on progress
* Conduct engineering design as required for projects which could include calculations, schematic and concept designs.
* Support the Project Manager, Project Engineering Manager or Programme Manager for New Business creating proposals
* Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
* Provide a professional backup service for colleagues during peak times or during absence.
* Maintain continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
* Act as an ambassador for the company in all interactions with customers and the public.
Qualifications, experience and skills
* HND or Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical Engineering or related subject
* Flexiblity, enthusiasm, self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative
* Able to build long-term successful client partnerships, both internally and externally
* Able to negotiate and influence others
* Decision-making / problem solving skills
* Strong presentation skills, confident speaker and professionally presented
* Experience of working on projects
* Practical competence in mechanical assembly
* Knowledge of BS.8888 drawing practices
* Experience of working within a Defence environment
* Previous experience of an ERP system
* Knowledge of ISO9000 or a similar QA system
* Experience within a lean manufacturing environment
Role travel requirements
* The duties of this appointment relate to the UK but you may be required to travel when required by the Company. It is not envisaged that you shall be required to work outside the UK for more than one month.
* Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
* Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. This normally requires 5 years residence in the UK.
What is in it for you?:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Defined contribution company pension
* Company Profit Share scheme
* 4x Annual Salary Life assurance policy
* The Company will pay for one membership to an appropriate professional institution related to your role.
If you are interested in this role click apply now and one of our recruitment team will be in touch.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.