Project Manager – 18 Month Contract – £367.25 – £480 p/d (inside of IR35) – WFH currently and then will be based in Guildford, Newcastle, or Leicester (dependant on successful candidate’s location)
I have an exciting new opportunity with my client who is a proven leader in the global aerospace sector. They produce and deliver innovative solutions and their products and services vary from commercial aircrafts, helicopters, defence, security, and space segments.
This role will be remote for now but expects to be based on site full-time within the very near future. The role will either be based in Guildford, Newcastle or Leicester dependant on the successful persons location and situation.
Important Information: Due to the nature of the projects, the successful candidate will need to be able to gain a minimum SC level security clearance.
As a project manager you will be responsible for making decisions, setting priorities and delivering the project to budget and schedule, plus providing support and leadership to other members of the project team.
It is critical that you can effectively interface with other internal functional areas of the business that deliver product and services into the projects and manage projects in accordance with the Airbus procedures.
There will be times when you will need to represent Airbus in meetings with Customers where customer enchantment and commercial awareness are key. You will also need to present your project(s) to the Head of Operations at the monthly programme/project performance reviews (quality, cost, schedules). Concise communication across internal and external audiences at all levels is essential.
* Project Management training ideally with one of the following qualifications: Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Professional (PMP®), PRINCE 2
* Experience of Agile ways of working would be advantageous.
* A general knowledge of Contract Management.
* Building and maintaining internal, stakeholder, partner & subcontract management
* Team leadership including negotiation and influencing.
* Risk management.
* Managing remote teams.
* Problem solving; the Project Manager must take ownership of issues, discussion of solutions and responsibility for driving to successful completion.
* Self-reliance, enthusiasm, and decisiveness
* Strong organisation time management with ability to plan, prepare and prioritise.
* Communication; clearly and effectively at all levels.
* Competent user of MS Project.
* Knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
* Valid Security clearance to SC or above.
* Minimum 5-year demonstrable experience of the end-to-end Project Management lifecycle.
Desirable but not essential:
* Experience in the delivery of Infrastructure, Digital Transformation and Cloud projects.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
* Ensure appropriate Project Management processes and quality gates are followed against the selected Project Management methodology and Company Maturity Gates
* Deliver efficient and co-ordinated deployment of Airbus resources and expertise to support current and future revenue generating opportunities within Intelligence UK to time, cost, and quality (OTOCOQ)
* Complete Project Charters and Project Implementation plans for approval by Head of the PMO or Programme Manager
* Forecast and communicate resource requirements to meet agreed deadlines and work with the Resourcing Manager to secure resource allocation to achieve project milestones.
* Lead and communicate with the project delivery team, who could be located cross site and allow them to fully integrate and optimise their technical work collaboration.
* Ensure that Customer satisfaction is actively managed, and Customers are kept informed of project progress, issues, and any dependencies that they must fulfil.
* Coordinate internal resources and third party, suppliers/vendors to ensure smooth execution of projects.
* Support continual improvement of Project Management process
* Plan, track and report project progress and the schedule of work against baseline
* Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
* Perform risk management to minimise project risks and report / escalate the risks when required to all stakeholders (Sales, Product Owners/Managers, Marketing, Finance etc.)
* Ensure all Contractual obligations are adhered too.
* Support the bidding process in the preparation of project cost estimates, schedule, and documentation and define workload and resource planning with respect to secured and future projects.
* To ensure Project reports (financial and commercial) are produced accurately, on time, with sufficient information to reflect the accurate status of the Project.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.