Project Manager – initial 6-month contract with chance of extension – £38.44 PAYE / £50.25 UMB p/h (inside of IR35) – Stevenage
I have an exciting new opportunity with my client who is a proven leader in the global aerospace sector. They produce and deliver innovative solutions and their products and services vary from commercial aircrafts, helicopters, defence, security, and space segments.
This role will be remote for now but expects to be based on site full-time within the next few weeks. The position will be based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, with the occasional need to travel to other UK and European sites.
Important Information: Due to the nature of the projects, the successful candidate will need to hold live SC level Security Clearance.
The role is to manage a multi-functional team (including Engineering, Procurement, Production and PA functions) to develop and produce electronic equipment for satellite applications.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that the customer requirements flown down via a work order or contract are delivered On Quality, On Time and On Cost.
As such you will be the primary interface to the customer ensuring that deliverables are produced in-line with the project schedule and relevant gate/quality reviews and customer reviews.
You will be fully responsible for all aspects of the equipment/deliverables and ensure the allocated team delivers to customer satisfaction.
The ability to communicate in a relevant manner with all parties including –
* Internal/external customer
* Product Group Management
* Systems Design team
* Engineering / Design
* Quality / Product Assurance
* Production / Test
* Procurement / Suppliers
A proven track record of project delivery in a high-quality electrical, electronic, or mechanical development environment.
Proven track record of leading multi-disciplined team to deliver complex and challenging development projects.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in communication, delegation, and motivation.
To have good analytical skills to be able to challenge the core team constantly, achieving best value for the customer.
Good communication skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions to a range of stakeholders.
* Drive the Project from proposal to delivery.
* Drive development
* Drives budgets, schedule, dependency analysis, risk management, and risk mitigation strategy.
* Coordinate stakeholder management
* Lead and facilitate Multi-functional Core Team.
* Set Team / Individual Project objectives.
* Endorse Project goals and define Development Plan.
* Implementation of divisional standards.
* Communicate milestone issues with core team.
* Manage projects and establish EAC / CTC throughout the project life cycle in line with company processes.
* Ensure programmes effectively focus on mitigation of risk to result in successful completion.
* Deliver programmes on time, on quality and in costs.
* Responsible for overall internal and contractual compliance to the product & project requirements
* Details Work Breakdown Structures/Packages
* Triggers internal Design Reviews.
* Provide inputs to the Monthly Review, Business Reviews and other Airbus Defence and Space relevant reviews and in line with the agreed methods and principles.
* Drives tight change control management and impact reviews.
* Triggers and coordinates gate/quality reviews
* Resolves project / functional conflicts.
* Provides input to functional managers for Team Members performance evaluation.
* Manage resources assignment within Core Team.
* Configuration management of project and manufacturing documents
* Liaises on cross project shared resources and facility conflicts.
* Be the point of contact for customers, proposals and/or projects.
* Develop relationships with external suppliers.
* Act as the Project Champion (advocate)
* Centralise customer interface (Reporting, meetings etc…)
* Provide Project reporting to Airbus management.
* Ensure proposals are bid in line with product strategy – play an active role in bid/no-bid decisions.
* Implements project level Make-Buy analysis and decision.
* Ensure proposals are produced on time and effectively answer the RFP.
* Ensure that proposals are supported and that lessons learnt are incorporated to allow cost models and reductions are continuous.
Monday to Friday days – occasional/ad hoc extra hours mid-week & weekends
Occasional travel to other UK & overseas sites
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.