Business and Project Manager Analyst – Filton, Bristol – £39.55ph Umbrella / £29.90ph PAYE (deemed in scope) – inital 6-month contract with chance of extension
My client, a proven global leader with the aerospace, space, and defence sector is looking for a Business and Project Manager Analyst to join their team in Filton in an inital 6-month contract which is likely to be extended. The successful applicant will undertake a wide range of activities supporting the production and collation of Project data, enabling a robust data set against which resource sizing and distributiondecisions can be made.
Workload demand & Scope change:
* Collation of an overall picture of Statement Of Work coverage per financial category, identifying planning shortfalls and chasing planning completion
* Change control, ensuring a robust process of proposal/agreement/implementation is
* followed and recorded accordingly
* Ensure current Schedules are available for each Domain, and are baselined with the relevant senior manager at the stated update frequency
* Maintain a current view of EVMs where used. Challenge and validate/provide commentary on plan validity
* Identify trends, look at each project’s current position and predict upcoming performance. Any deviations to plan are to be flagged with the relevant parties and action plans put in place. Where not possible to avoid delays, pre-warn the business and ensure containment measures are in place
* Use of internal toolsets as directed
* Proposal of a Schedule governance process
* Assemble the Centre-level Master Schedule from selected topics from the Domain’s schedules
* Collate KPIs for Schedule adherence in accordance with each KPI’s defined requirements and submit into the defined reporting mechanism
* Spot check team-level planning to ensure alignment to committed milestones
* Look for root causes of milestone slippages and late deliveries. Investigate using a formally framework and make recommendations for Centre learning
* Assess the impact of integrated planning on general resourcing, SPOF resources (e.g. signatories), delivery to external customers, etc
* Promote the Project Closure Review concept including measuring completion rates/distribution across IL, establish working links with Knowledge Management
* Develop new and existing data sources to provide an ever improving picture of IL performance in technical, vendor/supplier management and business management topics.
* This role has the potential to make a substantial impact on the efficiency of the CoC’s operations, with the successful candidate playing a key role supporting the required culture change.
Skills, experience, qualifications and traits
* Professional project management qualification
* Programme management experience
* Experience in a large corporation
* A persuasive and effective team player who will hold others to account for delivery, and live up to the same expectations themselves
* Familiarity of both waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
* Use of automated Project and Business Management toolsets
* Experience of project management digitisation initiatives
* Practical knowledge of, and experience in, deploying lean methodologies
* Experience of leading change initiatives
* Operational experience in a resource management role
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.