An active member of the plant management team. Leading the site interface for supporting functions to PE directors, Chiefs, teams and site functions (finance, HR etc) enabling the development of products and systems to the required cost, performance and quality targets whilst ensuring flawless launch of products and customer programmes.
Ensure the technical centre teams have the operational tools and resources to execute their activities. Ensure focus on continuous development and improvement plans to maximise the efficiency and competency of the team.
Deploy corporate targets and define Technical Centre targets to support their achievement.
Review, support and track plans within the Technical Centres.
Cascade information to team members and provide feedback to senior management including escalation of non-resolved issues.
· Ensure a safe working environment
· Promote safety culture
· Promote environment culture
· Maintain ISO14001 certification
· Develop the team
· Develop high potential candidates for future management positions
· Ensure effective My Core personal business plans for all team
· Develop progression and succession planning
· Ensure team development plans are in place
· Promote quality culture
· Define & and deliver best practise for area of responsibility
· Ensure that working practises follow corporate and local procedures
· Maintain IATF 16949 certification
· Establish a robust set of daily operational metrics allowing the engineering facilities team to communicate, prioritise work and deliver on time to business requirements
· Deliver the projects
· Publish clear project delivery planning
· On time project delivery
· Develop and realise benefits from synergies team to team and site to site
· Eliminate waste
· High focus on utilising our broad skillset to develop and implement best cost development facilities for the FS business
· Deliver the budget
· Identify and deliver continuous improvement opportunities
· Technical centre approvals (via DOA)
* 10-15+ years of Experience in associated engineering development
* Ability to manage a large number of projects/topics in parallel
* Experience of Team management across different sites and countries
* Demonstrated experience working with customers and presenting at Director level
* Ability to work in multi-functional teams (including but not limited to ME, purchasing, business operations) to meet company business objectives
* Understanding of business (budgets, ROI, markets, customers, business forecasts)
* Experience in budget forecast and management
* Available for traveling (customers, suppliers, BorgWarner sites).
* Knowledge of fuel injection systems and products, IC engines and applications
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
* Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
* Decision maker
* Motivating others
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.