Project Application Engineer
Our client are looking for an Engineer with a degree in Software Engineering ideally and someone who can demonstrate suitable experience in software development. With a minimum 2 to 3 years working experience who demonstrates excellent communication and relationship skills and doesn’t mind liaising with customers. Somone who is able to identify specific customer and client needs and preferences related to application and act as a technical advisor to the Projects and Customer Service team. With an understanding of Project Management processes.
Provide Technical support to the Project management and Customer Service team.
Assist the Customer Management (Sales) team for the development of proposals in addressing customer requirements for defining the systems architecture.
Collaborates with the Research & Development team on software development projects.
Develop and maintain product and software documents.
Working as a bridge between customers and R&D Engineering and use customer input and sales information to address complex software and hardware issues.
· Attendance to project reviews via teleconference and WebEx to support the Project Engineering Manager and VP Customer Service & Project Management.
· Work in conjunction with the Project Engineering Manager for the delivery of projects.
· Ability to translate customer requirements into a system design to define project scope of supply.
· Assist in deriving Software Requirements from project specifications and market concepts.
· Maintain a flexible approach to project driven development. Respond to and investigate hardware/software support issues as required.
· Interface with other teams and contribute to internal project meetings for larger projects
· Responsible for existing software in addition to new developments, performing debugging, testing, code improvement and re-designing tasks.
· Assist the Customer Service team in addressing complex customer issues, providing updated software that solves issues, and performing installs for customers
· Provides input to product feature enhancements and process improvements
Degree/HNC/HND/experience in relevant subject.
Software Engineering and / or Computer Science.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.