Purchaser – Manufacturing – Southbourne – £27,000 to £32,000
An exciting opportunity for a Purchaser has arisen within this highly successful Manufacturing company based in Southbourne. This is a very good opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is looking to make this role their own.
* Be responsible for the sourcing, procurement and timely delivery of materials to ensure efficient production.
* Develop and build on the supplier database to strengthen the procurement process.
* Manage the end to end procurement process from including obtain quotations for goods and services in accordance with specifications.
* Liaise with suppliers on quality problems in conjunction with company quality standards.
* Negotiate suppliers’ costs along with supporting Design and Production.
* Maintain technical reference files for all bought in components and related suppliers.
* Manage, develop and report on procurement KPI’s.
* You will be a highly ambitious individual and will have strong procurement experience
* Previous experience of working within a fast-paced production environment is necessary Strong Excel and Sage 200 background is essential
* Have excellent communication & negotiation skills.
* Be able to manage time effectively & efficiently with a ‘can do attitude’ and a hands-on approach.
* Be results orientated, organised, logical thinking process with inquisitive nature.
* Ability to stay calm in a pressured environment
Hours: 39 hours per week, flexi hours – Core hours are 07:30 – 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 07:30 – 12:30 Friday.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.