QC Laboratory Manager – Permanent – Hampshire – £On Application
An excellent opportunity for a QC Laboratory Manager is available with a leading manufacturing business currently undertaking an exciting journey of innovation, change and transformation.
The role will focus on planning and controlling daily activity within the QC laboratory in addition to overseeing lab testing processes, conducting and supervising OOS investigations.
Key Duties include:
* Review of supporting test data and results, including sample preparation records, chromatograms / graphs, logbooks, calculations, and data sheets.
* Release of raw materials in SAP.
* Review of non-routine supporting test data and results (i.e. micro testing for water systems, validation testing).
* Manage QC lab equipment budget, equipment purchases, installation and initiate change control as needed.
* Development of lab equipment qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) protocols and reports.
* Manage specific area’s equipment administration, including calibration, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting as needed.
* Ensure all lab processes are adhering to relevant regulatory GMPs and global company policies & procedures.
* Participate in internal audits to ensure regulatory readiness.
* Work collaboratively with Planning, GBSC, QA Labs, Manufacturing, Validation, and Operations to drive continuous improvement.
* Monitor lab KPIs and drive improvements.
* Ensure all customer complaints are investigated, improvements are implemented, and responded to in a timely manner.
* Apply QC Lab objectives to their lab function area and conduct performance reviews against those objectives.
* Provide the coaching, mentorship and training necessary to support ongoing personal and professional development of QC lab staff (GMP and refresher training).
* Manage QC lab equipment, qualification protocols and reports and participate in continuous improvement projects regionally to drive efficiencies in the lab.
Skills & Experience Required
* Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to troubleshoot instruments and issues.
* A science degree or equivalent experience.
* Laboratory experience preferably in microbiology, analytical chemistry or product evaluation laboratories in Quality Control for a global consumer goods or pharma company.
* Experience in developing laboratory SOPs and revisions according to regulatory guidelines.
* Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to appropriately communicate information to cross functional stakeholders and suppliers.
* Strong knowledge of GMP, ISO and safety guidelines.
* Solid knowledge of all laboratory equipment (e.g. Viscometer, ACS Color Computer, Vitek, Analytical Instrumentation).
* Knowledge of statistical assessments of data.
To be considered please apply or contact Gary, Stream Resourcing on 02392 322 372.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.