Stream are working with a very well established company in the Defence sector and an opportunity has arisen for an engineer to exploit their reliability skills working on fast-moving projects, ensuring optimum effort is devoted to progressive reliability assurance, with the goal of ensuring the delivery of a lean but effective reliability programme.
* You will be developing a convincing Reliability Case, using all the available evidence, and writing the Reliability Case Reports that document progress.
* To do this, you will need to understand the reliability risks faced by the system so that you can decide what type of evidence will most cost-effectively mitigate them to the customer’s satisfaction.
* This will involve exploiting a range of techniques and approaches, of which traditional reliability analyses will form only a part.So, while the ability to undertake reliability predictions and FMECAs is important, you will also need to understand the causes of unreliability and be able to assist the designer address those causes and provide evidence that this has been successfully achieved.
* Using your knowledge of the causes of unreliability and of reliability risks, you will help to define a targeted programme of testing, the results of which will be a key feature of the Reliability Case.An important part of this role will be monitoring the test programme and ensuring that it continues to satisfy the agreed reliability assurance needs.
* You will also liaise regularly with the customer, presenting them with progressive assurance that the reliability programme will deliver the agreed goals.
What are we looking for?
* Fully appreciates that reliability is not just a number, and has experience of reliability planning, analysis and testing.
* Good knowledge of complex electronic systems and the associated reliability issues.
* Good verbal and written communications.
* Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
* Analytical and problem solving skills.
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Familiar with the Def Stan 00-4x series of standards.
* Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
* Experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment
* Detailed engineering experience (design, software, manufacture etc.)
What’s in it for you?
* Working alongside core engineering projects you will also have the opportunity to conduct internally funded research packages.
* A variety in project work that will enable you to apply the breadth of your reliability assurance skillset and experience and develop a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
* You will also have the opportunity to work internationally.
* MBDA also offers a comprehensive learning and development programme to enable the development of skills that support both technical delivery and broader professional development.
What’s great about the team?
* You will be joining a team with a strong pedigree in the delivery of reliability assurance.
* You will have the opportunity to share in that experience and contribute to o