Sparkworks is the part of future systems that develops disruptive capabilities. Its current focus is; RF Directed Energy Weapons (RF DEW), Laser Directed Energy Weapons (LDEW), Low Observability (LO) and Emerging Technologies. Its aim is to mature concepts using new and unusual tech, deliver prototypes, demonstrations and trials, ultimately delivering step changes in capability to the UK and friendly nations. A number of opportunities exists for System Design engineers who can employ their ability to see the bigger picture whilst understanding the detail to many and varied issues at all stages of the CADMID cycle. The RF & LO Classified studies role is to undertake a wide variety of systems tasks across a number of highly classified areas.
This role is for someone who can problem solve, be creative and deal with fluidity!
What are we looking for?
We seek a systems engineer with the following attributes:
* Creativity, imagination & problem solving skills
* Adaptability & willingness to deal with fluidity in fast paced environments
* Capability and Trade Studies
* Early Life-cycle Systems / Concept Definition experience
* Record of successful technical work delivered individually and/or as part of a team
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and often from a blank sheet of paper
* Candidates must be willing to undertake the DV (Developed Vetting) clearance process once working at MBDA (dependent on the role)
* Proven delivery of technical programmes
* Ability to step back from day to day aspects, view the bigger picture context and navigate a successful course through complex and changing requirements
A candidate who additionally possesses a science background and a passion for technology would be particularly suited to the role.
What’s in it for you?
* Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to work on some truly innovative and world-class technology
* Opportunities to get involved in projects through their full lifecycle, from bid to customer delivery
* Frequent opportunities to gain visibility for you and your work at the highest level both inside and outside the company
* Having a varied ‘day-job’
* Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or self-managed learning
* Opportunities to move within the team to gain experience of new areas (technical, project management, systems engineering, trials)
* Opportunities to develop new skills through interaction with specialist areas within MBDA
The opportunities available are best suited to engineers with a systems background who are comfortable with a blank sheet of paper and rapid delivery of complex prototype systems. Within that the role can be scoped to best match individual’s strengths, interests and aspirations.
RF / LO Classified Studies
The Sparkworks Systems team supports a diverse range of activities in the rapidly evolving RF and LO domains. Key responsibilities of the team include:
* Concept definition – Understanding the customer’s need and jointly maturing ca