Location: Portsmouth (partly remote working)
£45.20 per hour Umbrella
£34.17 per hour PAYE
Contract duration: 12 months (subject to extension on review)
Basic hours: 37
Clearance: BPSS to state SC required
A vacancy has arisen within the Communication Processor Group for a Test Systems Engineer our client based in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will be supporting the design & delivery of test solutions to satisfy project requirements and to provide support during the execution of the project production phase.
In particular, the Test Systems Engineer supports the Lead Test System Engineers in providing the solution design and delivery encompassing
* System Build & Integration
Leading to the successful delivery of the Test Solution as required for the specific Project Campaign. The Test Systems Engineer also supports the production of the test solution documentation and formal reviews with Projects. Reporting to the RF Test Systems Team Leader within the Communication Products Group.
Tasks & Accountabilities
* Design, Integration, Validation and Documentation of RF Test Systems solutions; this role shall include all efforts required to deliver the test & control solution, including all hardware aspects where applicable and coordination of these disciplines where appropriate.
* Ensures that the developed solution is developed and produced within the relevant issued quality processes.
* Liaise with Project Responsible Engineer to achieve successful project milestone reviews with associated document inputs.
* Responsible for maintaining the solution and for providing support through the project operations phase (with the support of the Test Operations organization).
* To provide responses/advice with respect to test hardware related occurrence reports and non-conformance raised.
* Supports the weekly and monthly reporting to the project team and to the department management team.
* Previous experience of the complete Test System Development Cycle and Test Philosophies
* Previous Experience demonstrating the ability to interpret test requirements through to test system design, development, delivery and support in a production environment.
* Previous experience of maintaining complex multi-faceted test & control solutions.
* Proven track record of delivery OQOTOC
Job / Technical Knowledge
* Knowledge of Hardware Products in particular RF Amplifiers & Converters
* Applications: General Keysight equipment and measurement techniques for Network & Spectrum Analysis, Frequency Generation and Modulation, Power Supply control and provision of control signals.
Able to provide Test Reports & Result analysis
Essential: HND in Electronic Engineering with relevant similar industry experience.
Graduate in Electrical / RF Engineering; Aerospace; Electrical manufacture and design.
Ideally, you have good analytical skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigations. You have good communication and team working skills. Able to present technical data to peers and project managers in a coherent manner Available to work ‘on-call’ and weekends as required
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.