RF/MICROWAVE ELECTRONICS DESIGN SPECIALIST – STEVENAGE, HERTFORDSHIRE – PERMANENT – £45k to £60K + EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE
A leading defence organisation based in Stevenage is recruiting for a FPGA Design Engineer to join their Datalinks Electronics Design Team on a permanent basis. The team is multi-skilled and supplies datalinks for their complete range of missile systems covering land, air and naval systems.
You will be given exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects/products and the opportunity to work with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment.
We would like to hear from candidates who have experience in some of the following:
* Architectures for medium to high power microwave transceivers, including catering for issues around full-concurrency operation.
* Microwave radio frequency planning analysis.
* Detailed modelling of link budgets and the derivation of top-level radio specs from these budgets.
* Ability to root cause issues in the measurement results of prototype radio platforms and recommend/implement solutions.
* Practical application of radio sub-system building blocks and how to apply them to a realisable radio.
* Use of RF testing equipment and understanding of the limitations.
* Able to merge real world measurements and theoretical predictions together to refine outcomes.
* Designing to meet Military Environmental requirements and standards.
The company will reward you with:
* Flexible working
* Opportunities for career progression
* Great bonus scheme
* Comprehensive pension scheme
* Annual salary review
* Fantastic working environment and site facilities
* Social, charitable and sporting activities.
Please be aware that many roles working for this company will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.