Safety Engineering Manager – £65,000 – Bristol
Have you got experience leading a safety engineering team? Are you looking for a new challenge with an established, global company?
My client is a leading supplier of integrated control systems and simulation products. They are looking for a Safety Engineering Manager join their base in Bristol and will be primarily responsible for the design, implementation and governance of the Safety & Environmental Management System and promotion of a safety culture relevant to design and delivery of systems, through the business.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have (or be eligible for) SC security clearance.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Ensure that the SEMS is deployed as defined by the customer, contractual and legislative requirements
* Manage the production of a set of maturity matrix reflecting the maturity of the SEMS and safety culture
* Experience working with engineering development teams producing both hardware and software from design through to delivery
* Experienced in design and review processes
* Manage production of safety argument and justification
* Knowledge or safety and environmental legislation and regulations.
* Definition of strategic plans for creating credible Safety Cases, using appropriate techniques
* Knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative techniques for analysing failures of both software and hardware
* Support lower level decomposition of safety requirements traceable to customer requirements
* Other ad hoc tasks as agreed with the line manager or work package lead
* Provide technical safety leadership for the company to internal teams, customers and suppliers
Have you got the following:
* Good safety engineering experience working on complex engineering projects
* Management experience working on complex engineering projects
* Experience of Hazard Management and Risk Assessment
* Confident in both software and hardware development environments
If this is of interest, please apply with your CV or contact Yasmin at Stream Resourcing to find out more firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not been contacted within 3 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Commutable from Bristol, Almondsbury, Thornbury, Alveston, Newport, Wooton-under-Edge, Gloucester, Bath, Portishead, Weston-super-Mare, etc.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.