SENIOR ANDROID DEVELOPER – PERMANENT – REMOTE – £80,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven Android Developer to join this world leading innovator of Renewable Energy of Power Systems and Smart Low Power Appliances. This is a very unique opportunity work for a company that are genuinely make a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries in Africa.
* You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the Android products for
* device locking and customer help, support, and enablement. You will also be jointly responsible for supporting the team in CI/CD and DevOps practices.
* Alongside the Android team you will be using a variety of technologies/patterns in your day to day. These include, LiveData, MVVM, Koin, Coroutines, Spek, dynamic feature delivery, feature toggles, Docker, and Azure DevOps.
* As part of the Android team you’ll be responsible for bringing their core products to Android.
* You will use your in-depth knowledge of all things Android to craft new features that are uniquely Android-based. Key activities for our team are:
* Architecting new device locking solutions as we partner with new operators and OEMs
* Handling mobile money transactions through in app features
* Enabling their sales force to on board customers easily and securely
* Advocating the best in Android UX to enable customers to have an Android first experience
* Excellent programming skills in an object-oriented language like Java or Kotlin, and a curiosity for learning
* Experience implementing new features and optimizing existing ones
* Technical depth that allows you to rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
* Experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, interaction design, customer care, and engineering
* A detailed approach to writing tests and quality assurance
* An eye for automation, to get stuck in and do what is necessary for the smooth operation of the team (then automate it)
* At least 4+ years of experience working with Android.
* Any experience or knowledge of AOSP and Android at the framework level is a plus
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.