Senior Backend Engineer – (Large Scale Distributed Systems) – Fully Remote – Up to £80k + Bonus
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven Senior Backend Developer join this world leading innovator of Renewable Energy of Power Systems and Smart Low Power Appliances. This is a very unique opportunity work for a company that are genuinely make a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries in Africa.
You will work with a small team of engineers, product managers, and testers to deliver solidly architected + tested services, and to maintain those services in production.
To be successful in this role you will have a proven background of working as a professional software engineer/architect on medium/large scale distributed systems.
* Experience shipping high-quality backend code into production.
* Experience orchestrating and managing cloud infrastructure (preferably in the infrastructure-as-code paradigm, or a willingness to learn)
* Comfort with the DevOps culture, and with the idea of being involved with the management of the systems that you build through their entire lifecycle.
* Collaborative spirit and a strong desire to learn from teammates and to work as part of a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.
* Experience with C# would be an asset but, for the right candidate, experience with any object-oriented language can easily substitute.
* Experience building software for the financial services industry would be an asset.
Benefits: Bonus scheme, Pension, Private Medical Cover
About the company – Currently have offices in Africa, Hong Kong and United Kingdom, Woking (If you want to work from the office this can be discussed)
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.