Our client is looking for a Senior Communications Officer
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of delivering evidence-based strategic communications campaigns to agreed priorities, deploying resources and integrating all elements of activity.
* Develop and deliver SMART communications objectives and insight-led, evidenced based communications support internal or external campaign priorities.
* Work with the team to identify and apply market research, customer insight and stakeholder intelligence to inform communications activity.
* Set targets, monitor performance and evaluate communication activity to demonstrate the impact of communications.
* Keep abreast of changing trends in; communication, channels, engagement techniques.
* Write creative briefs, test assets and optimise activity to improve performance of activity with target audiences, bringing innovation and creativity to delivery
* Constantly review plans to ensure activities reflect policy developments and the news agenda internally and externally.
* Advise on approaches to stakeholder engagement, risks and opportunities, including establishing trusted relationships with internal or external stakeholders
* Strong leadership skills, both within the team and more widely across the organisation, coaching and developing colleagues
* A passionate and energetic communicator with a proven track-record of developing, implementing and evaluating creative, impactful integrated communications campaigns.
* Able to work under pressure, managing competing priorities under changing and challenging deadlines.
* Robust influencing, negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to work constructively with internal and external partners.
* A strong track record of success in managing relationships around complex issues with the ability to translate these for different audiences.
* Skilled at seeing the bigger picture, identifying future opportunities and emerging issues which might impact or benefit our work and, understand complex and technical policy issues.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presenting your recommendations and proposals professionally and persuasively to key stakeholders.
* Demonstrate confidence in dealing with people at all levels and have the credibility to influence at a senior level.
* Of note – additional requirements for roles in the news team include experience of working in the media with ability to handle high profile and sensitive issues and will be required to participate in the out of hours, weekend and news desk rota as required.
Ways of Working:
Our client is looking for people who are good all-rounders and have the ability to use a variety of different communication skills. You will need to combine, being an all-rounder with a level of specialist knowledge in your chosen communications specialism – campaigns, external affairs, internal communications or media.
You will need to be comfortable working independently across a range of communications disciplines, selecting the most effective methods and channels for communication based on frontline practitioner needs.
You will need exceptional influencing skills and the ability to cut through a variety of competing priorities. You will be an expert in building good working relationships in pressured environments and be an enthusiastic team-player with a proactive and collaborative attitude.
You will be expected to demonstrate leadership qualities, be inspiring about our work, confident in your engagement and empowering your team. You’ll encourage mutual respect, value diversity and our different skills, experience and specialisms.
We are looking for a number of people to join our client on temporary contracts ending in at the end of October 2021.
To note – additional requirements for roles in the news team include experience of working in the media with ability to handle high profile and sensitive issues and will be required to participate in the out of hours, weekend and news desk rota as required.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.