Senior Data Scientist – remote within -1 to +3 GMT – up to £80,000
Due to continued growth, there is a need for an additional Data Scientist to join this ethically sound global leader in providing affordable clean energy on flexible micro-payments options to some of the most underserved customers less developed counties. This is such a unique opportunity to work for a company that are genuinely make a huge impact on the lives of people in less developed countries.
With over a million customers across multiple geographies, the value derived from their data is essential to both everyday operations and critical business decisions. You will have a strong background in building end-to-end data products: including collaborating with stakeholders to scope requirements, extracting and transforming data, building and evaluating models/analyses and deploying these in repeatable and robust manner. Given that a large part of their data and business operations is centred around finance and credit, we welcome candidates with strong economics or finance backgrounds.
– Advanced experience building predictive and explanatory models that solve specific business problems.
– Advanced skills in Python or R, ideally Python.
– Strong ability to communicate technical details visually and in written form to broader stakeholders.
– Strong attention to detail and investigative nature to ensure error-free, high quality, reproducible analysis.
– Experience working with automated systems to produce model outcomes with ongoing monitoring.
– Experience with collaborative data and software development via git and you’re comfortable in the command line.
– Enjoy abstracting, generalizing and create efficient, scalable processes that benefit the wider team.
– Experience with one or more of the following types of modelling approaches: credit scoring models, cost sensitive learning, ARIME and LSTM forecasting.
– Experience with running operational experiments and evaluating casual inference.
– Experience with Microsoft Azure, similar cloud providers and tools also a plus
– Familiarity with agile data ops development processes, unit testing, source control, continuous integration, etc.
– Experience with data visualization tools for stakeholder communication.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.