Senior Electrical/Optical Manufacturing Support Engineer
Permanent – London
I am currently working with a market leading company that are actively seeking a Senior Manufacturing Support Engineer to join their team. This is the opportunity to work within a high value, high precision environment with an organisation that is currently going through a sustained period of organic growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical support to product and test systems, ensuring a smooth production flow.
Operating as an Electrical Lead for electrical issues
* Providing technical support for Repeaters, Seq, BU and ROADM manufacturing
* Prioritising and resolving critical manufacturing issues in a timely manner
* Ensuring that all instruments are calibrated and arrange for calibration whenever necessary
* Analysing data to prove certain trends per contract and provide feedback to IED
* Disposing production technical requests (IRs) in timely manner
* Supporting other new product introductions as necessary (PRM, DCFO etc)
* Developing and maintaining good communication lines with development engineers
* Make improvements to existing test stations, cabling, cable marking, design simple power, communication switching devices
* Maintaining cleanliness and a lean working environment with proper tooling, procuring tooling and necessary bits
* Building, validating and commissioning test stations
* Developing and maintaining technical documentations
* Ensuring that test systems maintenance procedures are followed with proper paperwork and logbooks up to date
* Participating in analysis and debugging of Field returns
The successful candidate will be expected to possess the following skills/experience:
* Experience of debugging and fault finding of electrical / optical assemblies in manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of optical components, optical measurements, optical instruments, basic optical principles
* Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and believing in Lean culture/working environment
* Experience in automated assembly and test measurement processes
* Experience in data analysis, graphs, histograms plotting etc.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.