Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Reading or Glasgow (Home working)- £75,000 + Bens
Due to the nature of the work the candidate should hold or be able to hold UK Secret clearance.
Overview of the role
We’re working with one of the recognised leaders in the defence and aerospace industry, trusted by private companies and governments alike as a leader in areas such as avionics and control systems.
Due to growth and contract wins, we’re looking for several Senior Embedded Software Engineers with experience in embedded engineering to join their teams based in either Reading or Glasgow.
The roles offer flexible working, although you will need to be able to reach either site regularly for security reasons, and will involve limited travel.
* Provide technical leadership and ownership for aspects of the software design allocated
* Write software in C++/C that follows software design and interface control descriptions/specifications and adheres to the software architectures written in UML
* Update design documentation to capture design and record design decisions
* Write unit tests to exercise the software written and where appropriate automate these tests in line with the project/business strategy and Continuous Integration process
* Correct code to adhere to static analysis rules
* Proactively be part of an Agile Scrum team and attend and contribute to Agile meetings, maintaining and progressing own backlog items in Jira, in-line with personal and team commitments made in sprint planning sessions
* Provide coaching and technical support to junior engineers
* Support peer reviews of others work and generation of materials for major gate reviews their work
We’re looking for:
* You are a self-motivated software professional with five to seven year experience in software design, implementation and unit testing preferably for real-time and embedded software systems.
* Experience in one or more of the following: Visual Studio, IBM Rhapsody, SVN/GIT, Jira and Jenkins
* Experience in developing with languages C++ and C are essential, as well as experience of working with RTOS/OS
* Static analysis tool experience (e.g Klockwork or Coverity)
* Experience working within a software team in an Agile environment with exposure to Continuous Integration and desirably Continuous Deployment.
On offer for the right candidate is a generous salary in line your experience and a great benefits package as you’d expect from an industry leader. You’ll be supported with opportunities to experiment and learn with new technologies and to work on some truly fascinating projects with real world usage.
For more information, apply now.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Reading or Glasgow – £75,000 + Bens
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.