Senior ILS Supportability Engineer – High Wycombe – Permanent – Excellent Career Development & Progression Opportunities
We have a fantastic permanent Senior Supportability ILS Engineer position available with a leading defence organisation based near High Wycombe. This is an exceptional opportunity to work on pioneering avionics antennas and electronic control systems that have both military and civilian application in communications, navigation and search and rescue missions.
As a Supportability Engineer, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of all ILS elements during system specification, design, production, deployment, maintenance and retirement. The main responsibilities include:
* Availability, Reliability & Maintainability analysis and reporting.
* Supportability Analysis as required in Reliability Analyses on mechanical and electrical products through Reliability and Maintainability Predictions, FMEA and other appropriate techniques.
* To assist with the definition and development of product support engineering capability, as required by performance based logistic support contracts.
* Support and mentor junior ILS engineers.
* Act as the focal point for ILS in the project team.
Skills and experience for the role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Strong knowledge of engineering drawings.
* Strong knowledge of defence standards for supportability and related specifications such as ASD S1000D for technical publications and S2000M for provisioning and spares management.
* Experience of engineering systems and maintenance.
* Broad experience in practical application of FMEA/FMECA and Reliability Predictions and Cases.
* Knowledge and experience of ILS principles and techniques (highly desired).
* Experience of supportability analysis and performance based logistic support contracting (desired).
Important information: Due to the nature of the projects, the successful candidate will need to be able to gain a minimum SC level security clearance
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.