Would you like to play a part in the development of future engineering solutions and upgrades for in-service Naval Ships? Stream Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their world leading Defence client in Portsmouth. This role will have flexibility on remote vs. onsite working.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will work across the breadth of the engineering design lifecycle to support the surface ship fleet. You will be responsible for providing professional mechanical engineering services to meet the future operational needs of naval platforms, the Engineering Services business and customer programmes.
This role will provide exposure to engineering systems across a wide range of naval craft including the Type 45 Destroyer, QEC Carrier, Offshore Patrol Vessel and T23 Frigate.
You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team of stakeholders, with a common goal of delivering innovative solutions to optimise the performance of legacy marine systems and support the integration of cutting edge technology, ensuring ships redeploy into service with improved operational capability.
* A degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
* A Chartered engineer, or evidence of recent progression towards Chartership
* Familiarity with the systems engineering lifecycle and an ability to apply good systems engineering practices to your work
* 5 years+ experience in the design of naval marine power & propulsion, and auxiliary systems.
* Experience in the design definition of marine systems
* An awareness of the operational requirements specific to naval ships, and the design intent of their systems.
* Familiarity with engineering analysis workflows and processes
* An awareness of marine engineering codes and standards, and their application in the design of systems and specification of equipment
Due to the nature of the work, you must be SC cleared / clearable to apply for this role.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.