Senior Product Development Engineer
Permanent – Hampshire
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a multi-national company, who are looking to develop their presence within the UK, with the goal of being a global leader in innovative defence solutions. They are looking to develop and expand their product portfolio and are actively seeking an experienced Product Development Engineer to join their team.
In this role, you will:
* Lead engineering projects for research, product development and product sustainment activities.
* Provide engineering estimates, work to budgets, plan activities and provide regular progress updates.
* Provide product support, through their lifecycle, for manufacturing and the customer; including the resolution of concessions and permits, point of contact for all engineering issues, co-ordination of engineering related actions and completion of engineering changes.
* Create, maintain and update engineering product documentation and configuration data, including product requirements and specifications, in a timely manner to meet customer deliveries on time and in full.
* Provide good quality engineering product data that is accurate, in line with the current manufacturing build standards and permit free for all deliveries shipped to customers.
* Investigate and resolve parts obsolescence issues: work with the supply chain, manufacturing and engineering teams to suggest alternatives and/or substitutes and implement approved changes.
* Participate in business improvement activities and teams to deliver product and process improvements for cost, quality, compliance and delivery.
* Assist with customer returns and warranty investigations and support repairs and product or process improvement or rectification.
* Provide innovative and creative design input for new / improved products and systems, and to see those designs through to efficient production, test and integration; exploiting existing technology and new technology.
* Perform the duties of product authority for products assigned.
* Any other duties as required to support the engineering department.
* Degree qualified or the equivalent working experience
* Electronics/Manufacturing background
* Proven experience in a Product Development environment
* The ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision
* A strong eye for detail
* Experience across the whole product lifecycle
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.