Product Manager / Product Line Leader
I am currently supporting one of our key clients; an innovative company developing bespoke technologies to customers across numerous specialist industries; med-tech, robotics, space and aviation, there will be a solution for them all.
We are supporting the business to make its next, crucial hire. We are looking to speak with ambitious, highly accomplished individuals to work as Product Line Leader. This position is key to the business with any incumbent being responsible for product definition and planning, roadmap design & development, new product platform launches, got-to-market strategies and pricing.
So if you’re looking for a rewarding challenge with company developing it’s own IP, look no further and apply right now!
* Translate market understanding into product definitions and sales tools to ensure long term product line growth and success.
* Identify and define the product portfolio strategy for assigned product lines.
* Manage the product portfolio from product launch to obsolescence and complexity reduction.
* Be integral component of the Product Introduction Team (cross-functional internal team) comprised of non-reporting but critical groups to new launches.
* Lead Applications Engineers to develop and maintain market understanding of end user applications, competitive intelligence / benchmarking and customer requirements.
* Analyze and report on a regular basis market trends, sales and competitive information as it may affect the performance of the portfolio.
* Travel globally as product representative to accounts and production locales.
* Responsible for traditional product management deliverables such as business plans, pricing, product positioning, promotional strategies, life cycle plans and advising on product improvements and new product needs.
* Work with marketing group to develop sales and marketing collateral to include but not limited to brochures, trade advertising, training manuals, and show materials.
* Pursue product line extensions, customizations and any other activities which would ultimately build the value of the product line and maximize product line earnings.
* Perform business case analyses to manage customized/modified product requests.
Inform the Sales organization routinely with product updates, and develop product promotions and collateral materials with input from Marketing and Sales.
* Negotiate contractual terms for new customer projects – this involves coordinating with the customer, legal, finance and sales teams.
* Management of two staff members in the team
What you will need
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related technical degree.
* Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in Product Management, Engineering or Product Marketing, with experience in Sales, Business Development or Marketing and financial acumen a plus.
* Experience managing products in an OEM sales driven market.
* Track record of leading innovative solutions to pressing market pain points.
* Acting as liaison between customers, sales, engineering and operations functions to resolve complex customer and product issues in high pressure situations.
* Extensive experience documenting and presenting strategic direction, market analysis, research findings, and product requirements for both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Expertise in sizing markets for product portfolio as well as establishing metrics for tracking product and business performance in respective markets.
* Experience proposing and guiding research – customer, market or competitive – using core techniques such as surveying and focus groups.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.