Senior Project Controller
Dorset – Permanent
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a market leading Electronics and Systems company, based in Dorset, that are currently expanding due to a sustained period of natural, organic growth. As a result, they are actively seeking an experienced Project Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
In this position you will provide support to Project Managers, working on large scale, high value projects and/or several lower cost projects concurrently, providing a challenging and dynamic environment that can allow you to progress and develop your professional career. You will be responsible for controlling, monitoring, and measuring project performance, whilst also forecasting and ensuring costs are controlled.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Creation and maintenance of Microsoft Project plans
* Scheduling of all project activities to produce a fully costed and resource loaded integrated project plan with a critical path, update as required, and report potential problems/problem areas to the Project Manager/Work Package Manager for action.
* Maintenance of a project baseline and change control log in order to report on cost and schedule variances to the Project Manager on a monthly basis, with suggestions for corrective actions.
* Support to the Project Manager in:
* Monitoring and tracking of project budget, providing a full forecast for all phases of the project and ensuring variances can be justified.
* Risk, Issues, and Opportunities management by ensuring the various registers are reviewed and updated frequently with the project teams.
* To perform schedule risk analysis on projects and project opportunities as and when required
* Creation and maintenance of Earned Value Management data set and reporting requirements to the project and business. To provide EV analysis to the project manager to support decision making and variance analysis.
* Support to the generation of the Business level reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) data in support of the project and divisional level reviews and attend where necessary.
* Support the project on divisional and business level reviews, to present data / findings on the schedule, including cost & schedule variance and resource analysis, to support decision making.
* Support to the work package manager: reviewing and where necessary raising change requests; performing scenario analysis in the schedule; and implementing changes.
* Review and maintenance of the project resource profile to ensure accurate cost and revenue profiles provided to the business.
* Challenging project forecasts, inconsistencies and or unrealistic schedules to ensure upmost accuracy in terms of milestone reporting.
* Delivery of Project Control training to new and existing Project Controllers and Project Managers for their assigned project control speciality
* Supporting the Principal Project Controller in maintaining the processes and training for their assigned project control speciality
Key Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
* A proven track record at planning & providing project control to high value, complex engineering projects which include the full project lifecycle.
* A strong individual who will ensure that best planning & project control practice is always adhered to.
* A sound understanding of the Project Management lifecycle and reporting tools / principles.
* A sound understanding of Earned Value Management principles with practical application
* An appreciation of the Commercial and Financial aspects within the project environment.
* The ability to challenge project managers and contribute to process and reporting improvements.
* Experience of an ERP system, in particular experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX within a project environment.
* Knowledge of Risk standards, specifically Management of Risk (MOR).
* Specific subject matter expertise for an assigned Project Control discipline such as Risk Management, Business Intelligence Reporting and EPM/PWA
* Advanced Microsoft office, Excel, and Microsoft Project skills.
* PMQ Qualification or equivalent (e.g. Prince II) is desirable
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.