Senior Cyber Security Analyst – Oxford/Basingstoke – up to £65,000 depending on experience
Working in a highly respected SOC, we’re looking for skilled security analysts to provide a ‘Blue Team’ defensive Protective Monitoring and SOC Service to clients across London and the South East. You’ll provide cyber security monitoring and advisory capabilities to public and private sector customers. Monitoring a range of computer networks for intrusions, pro-actively hunting for threats and vulnerabilities, and managing security events and incidents.
We’re looking for:
* Interest of cyber security issues and trends, with a self-led learning ethic and a desire to understand and apply new ideas.
* Broad cyber security skillset, including intrusion analysis, threat intelligence, preventative maintenance and more
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical and abstract issues in a simple and understandable way for non-technical people.
* Planning and organisational skills to deliver time sensitive projects and meet deadlines. Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining excellent communication with the team.
* An excellent team player. We thrive on having a diverse team, where everyone plays a part, with multiple people working together to cover each area of responsibility.
* A drive to constantly improve and self-evaluate both yourself and the team. Self-driven development of skills and research of new technologies and methods. An excellent ability to adapt and learn new concepts, ideas, and techniques.
* Self-driven work ethic, with the ability to proactively pick up work and find relevant tasks.
* Knowledge of networks and TCP/IP concepts.
* Knowledge of network-based and host-based forensics and concepts.
* Knowledge of security tools and their usage.
* Knowledge of operating system platforms, such as Windows, MacOS, or *nix.
* Experience of working an IT helpdesk or as a sysadmin.
On offer for the right candidate is a competitive salary based on your experience, 25 days holiday that increases with service as well as a range of other benefits including a dedicated training budget, allocated R&D time and a great social calendar.
The successful candidate will undergo background checks and vetting to SC level. To that end you must have lived in the UK for at least 5 years with a clean criminal record.
To discuss this fantastic opportunity in more depth, apply now for a confidential chat.
Senior Cyber Security Analyst – Oxford – up to £65,000 depending on experience
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.