* Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
* Key skills: C++, Full life cycle, Real time software development
* Role location: Initially remote working, likely blended remote and office based post-Covid
* Site locations: North Surrey, South Dorset
* Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers with proficient C++ experience, to join a rapidly growing company whose products are in service with the UK Armed Forces, NATO Forces and Foreign Militaries. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team that specialises in the design, development, integration and through-life support of military systems, both in the maritime and land domains.
The role may also progress to either a Software Design Lead or Design Authority for projects.
* Software design, development, and review (from concept to final product) for a range of systems from small embedded single processors through to multi-processor networked systems.
* Strong C++ commercial experience.
* Experience of working with system and hardware engineers to develop multi-discipline solutions, including the definition of software to hardware and software to firmware interfaces.
* Be able to support the research and development of products within the company, improving engineering quality, efficiency, and cost.
* Must be able to make decisions on the suitability of engineering design solutions.
* Meeting technical requirements through all phases of design and integration leading to customer acceptance.
* Must be able to undertake the duties of the Software Lead where additional support may be required on projects, bids, and product development activities.
* Be able to liaise and co-operate with the Project Managers and Design Authorities to resolve technical, project or resource problems and conflicts.
* Participate in project reviews and support presentations at relevant design review meetings.
* Must be able to support the business development team, and the preparation of technical proposals when required and be able to handle sensitive information in the course of your work.
* Commercial Netbeans experience.
* Commercial experience using Java.
* Chartered member of a professional institution or working towards Chartered status would be preferred.
Qualification and Skills:
* In-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of software design and development.
* Degree level educated in a related engineering discipline.
* Must have a high level of both verbal and written communication skills providing regular communication to internal and external stakeholders, customers, and suppliers.
* Be able to manage, motivate and develop engineering employees to ensure they fulfil their roles and meet targets within agreed timelines and standards of quality.
This role is commutable from:
North-West Surrey: Woking, Central London, South West London, Weybridge, Staines-upon-Thames, Farnborough, Bracknell, Guildford, Maidenhead, Slough, Reading, Aldershot, Leatherhead, Watford, Luton, Crawley, Wokingham, Uxbridge.
Southern Dorset: Weymouth, Dorchester, Bridgeport, Charmouth, Lyme Regis, Yeoville, Crewkerne, Poole, Winfrith.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.