Stream Resourcing are working with a thriving independent UK defence contractor who are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
The client is based in Surrey, there will a split between remote working and going on site. This will be for some customer requirements meetings and to carry out test work.
The work will range from software development, system engineering, technical governance, and mentoring of a software design team. The work covers both the Maritime and Land domains.
Responsibilities of the role will include software design, development and review (from concept to final product) for a range of systems from small embedded single processors through to multi-processor networked systems. You will be working with systems and hardware engineers to develop multi-discipline solutions, including the definition of software-hardware and software-firmware interfaces.
You will need to undertake the duties of the Software lead where additional support may be required on projects, bids and product development activities.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
* In-depth knowledge and experience in all aspects of software design and development.
* Strong C++
* Experience on a Linux platform
* Java & NetBeans would be desirable
* Ability to present complex ideas to all levels of the customer community and both internal and external Stakeholders
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-site team
* Innovative and creative thinking
* Ideally experience working on safety critical systems
*Please note, this is a UK eyes only project*
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.