Senior Software Test Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent
A global designer and supplier of Marine electronics for both leisure and first-responders (commercial) application.
Based in a Scrum environment, developing and maintaining software test best practice tools and processes with supervisory responsibilities over 2 other team members.
Working alongside the software developer and marine domain product testers, the Senior Test Engineer will deliver a robust automated testing for a range of products. There will be need to guide developers to ensure all areas of testing are standardised and linked properly as well as scope to use existing skills beyond the Squish tool so test automation experience would be a bonus.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Manage the software test process across all development teams
* Provide training & support to software test team
* Support developers with squish test creation using best practices
* Support development teams with creation and maintenance of functional emulators
* Triage failing Python based scripts
* Fix bugs in failed Python code
* Maintain links to library functions
* Create Python base ‘Squish’ tests
* Maintain squish test servers
* Provide automation support to the domain test team for both new and legacy tests
* Provide coverage & status reports for executed software tests
* Significant software test experience
* Supervisory skills & experience
* Experience with Froglogic Squish or other similar software test environments
* Experience with other automation methods
* Python coding skills
* Interest in gaining experience in using these skills in a commercial environment
* Good communication skills
Key words: Python, software test, automated testing, automation, Squish, test server, functional emulators, Froglogic
Commutable from: Fareham, Portsmouth, Havant, Waterloovile, Chichester, Southampton, Petersfield, Hampshire
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.