Our client, a world leader in the Defence sector, is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join on a contractor basis.
Purpose of Role
To conduct systems engineering activities on various Hull Mounted and Towed Array SONAR systems programs across a range of innovative new products at different levels of maturity, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team. You will be involved in multiple disciplines (Electronics, Algorithms, Software, Mechanical) from early prototyping to early trial through to full production and as such provide a rich technical background on which to thrive.
Systems Engineers will create and sustain successful, purposeful, systems that:
* Relate to the development and delivery of goods and services;
* Deliver real benefits to the company, suppliers and customers;
* Works with all technical domains, and all business functions;
* Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe.
* Coordinating the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
* Generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements.
* Performing requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
* Developing and documenting system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
* Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
* Leading all the activities relating to systems validation and acceptance.
* Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
* Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
* Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science)
* Professional Registration (eg MIET)
* Degree in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science)
* Be able to gather data using both your own logical thinking and the surrounding project team, in order to draw valid and justifiable conclusions.
* Display excellent interpersonal skills and possess the empathy and skill to adapt your communication style to build rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers.
* Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work.
* Be capable of actively growing your network across the business, building trusting relationships and positively influencing others in order to deliver upon your objectives.
* Be willing to coach/mentor less senior members of the team to aid and monitor their development, providing feedback to performance reviews.
* The role is office based with occasional travel to other company/customer’s sites in the UK or abroad.
*You must be SC cleared / clearable to apply*
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.