SENIOR TEST ENGINEER
PERMANENT – HAMPSHIRE
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will be providing technical support service across the business to carry out appropriate product testing and evaluation. You will be part of fast-moving customer developments in the exciting, dynamic maritime world and will become an integral part of the team.
You get the chance to work with passionate likeminded individuals and will be able to work across a variety of projects across a global maritime and land-based group of customers. With a wide product portfolio, you will be key in delivering high end engineering products, developing and improving customer value through enhanced testing and verification engineering processes across the product lifecycle and beyond.
Main roles & Responsibilities:
* Working with the project lead, capturing relevant test requirements from the product design specification, design drawings and attending regular project review meetings.
* Creating test plans, detailing rig allocation, scheduling and additional rig hardware requirements, in a timely manner.
* Quoting and raising orders for rig interface hardware.
* Creating and reviewing risk assessments with the project lead to determine if the test program is within safe operating limits and in-line with company quality, environmental, health and safety standards.
* Assembling test rigs, monitoring rig operations (through data acquisition) and performing product inspections at agreed test periods.
* Managing testing of external products at original equipment manufacturers, equipment suppliers and 3rd party test facilities.
* Producing final test reports, detailing test programmes, test data, conclusions and relevant recommendations for future test work. Where appropriate, presenting findings.
* Proven background within a Test or Service Engineering environment, ideally with mechanical seal assemblies.
* A Degree, preferably a Masters in a relevant Engineering subject, or equivalent engineering experience.
* Experience operating in an autonomous manner, needing very little supervision.
* Comfortable doing and understanding relevant Mechanical Engineering calculations.
* Excellent technical knowledge especially within the Marine industry is desirable. Particularly working to classification societies and IMO compliance standards.
* Demonstratable ability to use test monitoring software tools such as LabVIEW, Tetrascience, and enVigil.
* Well experienced in setting up instrumentation and data capture equipment, such as thermocouples, LVDT sensors and tachometers.
* To be able to interpret design drawings and use CAD software would be advantageous.
* Good experience in report writing, with a high attention to detail.
* Able to do some occasional traveling.
What’s in it for you?
Employees are encouraged to utilise the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials that are on offer to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious and growth orientated organisation. Fostering openness, respect and trust, the company’s culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.