Our client is a global leader within the defence, aerospace, and space sector. They are currently looking for a Senior Verification and Validation Engineer to join their team in Newport for an initial 6 month contract.
Location: Newport, South Wales
Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 6 months (with a chance of extension)
Rates: £341.66 p/d PAYE / £452 p/d Umbrella (deemed in scope of IR35)
Clearance: You must hold SC level Security Clearance upon submission
The Senior Verification Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by:
* Specifying and implementing the test solution
* Improving efficiency of testing but implementing Automated Test solution where practicable
* Performing in-house and/or external testing
* Adequately documenting the tests and test results
* Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
The Senior Verification Engineer is an acknowledged company expert in at least one aspect of testing and is required to apply this expertise across more than one project at a time.
The role will form the primary point of contact for project verification and validation for both the internal and external project teams and will include significant amounts of customer contact.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Experience of working within a DevOps environment.
* Familiar with test, integration, verification and validation methods for software and hardware product development.
* Automation testing experience utilising one or more of the following:
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* Experience working in Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) teams.
* Experience of agile/DevOps tools such as Jira, Confluence and Git.
* CCNA standard experience and working knowledge of network configuration and operation.
* Working knowledge of some or all the following:
* Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
* Secure Communications Systems
* Windows hosted software applications
* Embedded software applications
* CE approval of equipment
* TCP/IP network configuration and test
* Integration/test of database systems (e.g., Oracle/SQL)
* Test script/software development (Windows and Unix environments)
* Black box software testing.
* EMC, Safety, Environmental, TEMPEST qualification testing
Key Words: Verification, Validation, Engineer, Security Clearance, Gherkin, Cucumber, C#, Python, Jira, Confluence, Git, Agile, DevOps, SQL, Oracle, Windows, Unix
Commutable From: Cwmbran, Cardiff, Western-super-Mare, Bridgewater, Bristol, Swansea, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Bath, Worcester, Hereford, Chippenham, Trowbridge.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.