Mechcanical Design Engineer – Permanent – Cambridge – £50,000 – £60,000
A well-established OEM are looking to take on a driven Mechanical Design Engineer to work amongst their talented design team to develop innovative motion control solutions.
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary design team working on new product development. You will be involved in the complete design life cycle from concept through to design, validation and final release into full production.
Other Responsibilities include:
* Customer Requirements – Interpretation of customer requirements and translation into product design
* Creating Mechanical Drawings – Interpreting requirements and translating into mechanical manufacture drawings and data
* Design Analysis – Carrying out tolerance analysis and other calculations to validate design suitability
* Manufacture Support – Liaising the manufacturing team with quality related issues regarding part manufacture
Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be educated to a minimum of HNC level in a relevant engineering field and be knowledgeable about design for various manufacturing processes. They will potentially come from a hands on background and have the ability to see projects through from conception to completion. This may include an element of prototyping.
Other Requirements include:
* HNC / Degree qualified or equivalent in mechanical engineering
* Proven experience in a Design Engineer position producing manufacturing 2D drawings using Solidworks
* Exposure to Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, finish and material specifications to BS8888:2017 (8 years or more preferred)
* Exposure to a variety of Manufacturing techniques and knowledge of DFM
* Experience or knowledge of integrating Printed Circuit Boards is advatantageous to the position
* Ability to read engineering drawings is a must, ability to read wiring diagrams / Layouts advantageous
* Experience or knowledge of EDA packages would be beneficial.
* Aerospace and/or medical industry requirements experience
This position is commutable from Cambridge, Bedford, Bury St Edmonds, Northampton, Kettering, and other areas within Cambridgeshire.
For more information or to apply for the role of Mechanical Design Engineer please contact Gemma Langley on 02392 322364 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.