A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Simulation and Modelling Engineer to join a growing team delivering across a number of interesting projects.
Simulation and Modelling is central to the design and development of our clients products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and contribute across the System Engineering process.
The Simulation and Modelling team is responsible for the development of these models and they are used to support a wide range of customers across the business, covering all stages of product lifecycle.
* You will be responsible for design, development and integration of models and components to support programmes within the business.
* You will take a lead in ensuring that model design and architecture is fit for current needs and scalable and extendable to allow incorporation of future requirements and growth.
* You will provide support to other team members in overcoming complex issues within models and software and providing advice on model and software design best practice.
* You will be expected to engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
What’s great about the role?
* You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the design and functionality of MBDA’s weapon systems through your model development work
* You will have the opportunity to build relationships with engineers in related disciplines
* You will have an in-depth exposure to modelling tools as used by Simulation and Modelling and have the opportunity to develop relevant skills and explore new techniques
What’s great about joining this team?
* You will be joining a vibrant, hard-working team with a successful track record in achieving project milestones on time and on budget.
* You will be working in a challenging environment where we are continuously improving to bring benefits to the programmes we are involved in.
What are we looking for?
* You will be proficient in the use of Simulink, FORTRAN or C/C++ for mathematical modelling
* You will have an appreciation of creating complex and scalable models
* Working within a software quality process
* have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
* have practical knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes
* You must be SC cleared / clearable to apply *
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.