We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to join a leading client on an initial 6 months contract. The role is predominantly home based however should you prefer working from an office, the company can offer offices in Portsmouth or Chippenham for your use as needed.
You will be part of a development team of 4-5 developers, as well as test analysts, business analysts and support analysts and be responsible for delivering software for use by emergency services and similar organisations across the UK.
Due to the nature of the role, you must hold, or be eligible for, SC Clearance.
What are we looking for?:
* Experience of leading the technical development of large-scale software applications across web, desktop and server in both a design and development capacity
* Experience of using agile methodologies such as Scrum / Kanban
* Experience of source control repositories e.g. GIT for collaboration with others as well as safely managing the product source code
* Knowledge of modern development standards and design patterns
* Due to the nature of our work you must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desirable Experience / Knowledge
* Proven experience in software development through open source collaboration, industry experience or other similar experiences
* Knowledge of both C# and Visual Basic .NET programming languages
* Experience of automated testing
* Experience of working with and administering Azure DevOps in all areas including pipelines, code repositories and process models
For more information about the role apply now!
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.