Stream Resourcing are working with a market leading organisation who are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer To work in a unique and exclusive high technology test facility, integrating and testing missile hardware in a dynamic environment providing a critical test capability.
You would be part of a small, multi-skilled team, doing complex technical work and experiencing a wide variety of technologies and engineering disciplines. The UK HWIL team is part of a wider, integrated, international HWIL team conducting similar activities in France and Italy, where sharing of knowledge, tools and techniques is strongly promoted.
Hardware In The Loop (HWIL) work is predominantly ‘hands on’ with real missile equipment and sophisticated test facilities. The role of the team involves designing, developing and using closed loop HWIL simulations to investigate and prove the behaviours and performance of products over a range of different conditions to ensure high confidence in the operation of our products. HWIL testing forms a critical part of the missile design and development cycle, where testing is focussed on understanding and investigating product characteristics and behaviours, often with prototype equipment and cutting edge technologies, not simply testing on a production line.
* This role focuses on design, implementation and support to software items used within the HWIL facility. These software items vary between software to control mathematical models with input/output interfaces in real time through to software for performing data analysis and visualisation.
* This role will also provide the opportunity to work ‘hands on’ with sophisticated test equipment and missile hardware. Unlike many COTS real time Hardware in the Loop software products, our client produces it’s own Linux PC based toolsets as our needs go well beyond any COTS products currently available.
What are we looking for?
* Strong ability and experience of software development, ideally using C, C++ or similar
* Experience developing within the Linux environment.
* Good problem solving skills
* Be pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with minimum supervision
* Able to work with varied engineering teams
* Experience of Integrating hardware and software.
* Experience with multi-threaded software products.
* Experience of driver level software development.
* Experience using Matlab/Simulink
* Understanding of real time computing systems
* Understanding of mathematical modelling concepts
* Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems
You must be UKSC clearable to apply for this role.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.