Software Engineer – Permanent – Leicester – £25,000 – £45,000
Due to an exciting period of growth and we are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our engineering team. This is a great opportunity for a graduate who has completed a numerate degree and has recent commercial experience working as a Developer working on C++. You will be a Firmware / Embedded Software Engineer.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be part of a world leader in sensors and smart technologies for situational awareness and autonomy for marine applications. They are generating transformative results through collaboration, partnerships, market insight and active engagement in ecosystems.
* Develop new and existing embedded software applications as part of engineering team
* Contribute to existing software architecture and signal processing algorithms in our products
* Establish, maintain and extend in-depth technical expertise in the latest advances
* Degree (Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science)
* Expertise writing maintainable and testable code in C++
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaborative and can-do attitude
* Willing to occasionally travel to test sites (onshore) or on vessels for sea trials (offshore)
* Experience of working with sensors (radar, vision, lidar etc)
* Understanding of object orientated design patterns
* Experience with Machine Vision techniques
* Algorithm development and data analysis (Python/Matlab)
* Algorithm development (e.g. AI, sensor fusion, robotics)
* Excellent salary
* Benefits including discretionary bonuses
* 35 days annual leave
* 8% non-contributory pension scheme
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.