Our multinational leading defence client is looking for a Software Engineer (C, C++, and Java) to join their team in Filton, Bristol. The role is within a team of approximately 30 high calibre Software Engineers working on mission planning products for UK and overseas customers.
Location: Working from home, on site at least 2 days a week.
Employment Type: Contract
Length of Contract: 6 months
Rates: £33.80ph PAYE / £50ph Umbrella (deemed in scope of IR35)
Clearance: You must hold SC level Security Clearance upon submission.
Full life cycle software engineering for software-based defence applications.
There may be occasional need to work travel nationally or internationally.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Development languages: C/C++ and Java.
* Target Operating systems: Windows and Linux and are typically client-server applications.
* IDEs used include Eclipse and NetBeans for legacy applications.
* Must be capable of developing collaborative relationships with team members both within the Software organisation and other parts of the company.
* An adaptable approach and ability to context switch between multiple software projects at various stages of the software development lifecycle.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
* A knowledge of Web services applications and legacy techniques such as CORBA and X-motif.
* Knowledge/experience using DOORS, Rhapsody, and the Rational Team Concert configuration management system.
* Worked within a team-based development organisation.
* Information security experience would be useful included methods locking down operating systems and deployment in a Windows and Linux environment.
* A background in Mission Planning Systems and/or Geographical Information Systems.
Key Words: C, C++, Java, Software, Defence, Design, Development, Test, DOORS, Rhapsody, Rational, Windows, Linux, Eclipse, NetBeans
Commutable From: Weston-Super-Mare, Bath, Chippenham, Bridgewater, Swindon, Stroud, Gloucester, Cardiff, Newport, Cwmbran
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.