Java Software Engineer – Contract – Hampshire – £Rate Negotiable
An exciting position has arisen for a Contract Java Software Engineer to join a leading aerospace company based in Portsmouth, Hampshire. The contract is for an initial 6 months which is likely to be extended due to a positive increase in work.
You will be joining a multi-disciplined team who are responsible for the development, testing and delivery of satellite ground control systems.
* Working cradle-to-grave software development lifecycle and developing tools and applications supporting satellite ground systems
* Analysing user requirements, architectural design, coding, testing and creating manuals and documentation
* Working on exciting projects which cover Navigation, Science and Earth Observation missions.
* In-depth exposure to full software development lifecycles
* Strong Java programming
* Exposure to Agile or similar methodologies
* Hold a degree in a relevant subject or have equivalent commercial experience
** Due to the nature of the position, you would be required to hold, or be eligible for UK Eyes Only SC Clearance – you must hold only a British passport **
* Knowledge of C/C++ and Matlab
* Exposure to both Windows and Linux environments
In order to apply for this role you must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
To apply, please follow the directions below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.