Software V&V Engineer – initial 6-month contract – £54ph UMB (in scope) – Stevenage
Overview of department:
The successful candidate will be working as part of my client’s dynamic team to develop and deliver innovative solutions by exploiting a wide portfolio of software technologies. They will work as part of a small team and be empowered to work individually with little supervision.
* A Software V&V Engineer capable of integrating and testing embedded and test code for software-based Defence applications.
* Producing test requirements & test scripts for Unit, Subsystem and System level testing on both host and target platforms
* Running tests, analysing results, and using target test facilities such debuggers, probes, logic analysers and oscilloscopes
* The specification of the design of the embedded code uses UML and familiarity with an OO approach is essential.
* Significant previous experience with developing and testing embedded software.
* Extensive experience of test tools and techniques in both host and target environments
* Experience in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM’s Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink
* Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems such as PikeOS
* Experience of developing and testing software products under Windows and Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
Due to the nature of work you will need to hold live SC to apply for this role.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.