Permanent – West Sussex
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Stream resourcing are currently working with a globally leading, innovative Aerospace company that spans across both the Military and Civil domains. They currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Solution Architect to join their team, focusing on the development, delivery and support of products and programmes to a wide variety of customers in the aerospace sector.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications
* Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a numerate, scientific or engineering subject or higher education/equivalent training and experience
* Experience of working in the Aerospace/Avionics domain (either Civil or Military) with an understanding of the context of operation of avionic systems and relevant aviation standards
* Ability to understand and formally capture the operational context of operation of complex systems in a Concept of Operations (ConOps), subsequent derivation of system-level requirements and performing trade-off analysis of system solution architectures to meet identified needs
* Demonstrable ability to produce solution architectures that satisfy customer needs and are compliant to customer requirements; a comprehensive understanding of architecture frameworks, architectural modelling techniques and management processes
* Experience of architectural modelling of Systems, from operational analysis and subsequent system level architecture through to physical level architectures in tools such as Enterprise Architect, Capella, MOOD, Rhapsody etc.
* Ability to clarify requirements from, and present, visualise, interpret and summarise models to a wide range of stakeholders
* Experience of requirements capture, decomposition and management (e.g. in DOORS)
* Able to define and manage interfaces, partition solution budgets, and conduct effective trade-offs
* An ability to work with combinations of technologies, to integrate and verify them in a logical and structured way into a system in order to fully satisfy a Customer’s requirement
* Knowledge of System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles
* An ability to work with customers, subcontractors, and partners, as well as mentor internal staff members to increase engineering capability
* Experience of line management and supporting the development of engineering capability
* An ability to support bids, programmes, and modifications to operational solutions
* Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to present and explain technical and complex problems, tailored appropriately for the audience
* Chartered Engineering status is preferred, but not essential. Applicants will be supported in achieving CEng if desired
* PC Literate: Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc
In line with the companies baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.