Sparkworks RF Technologist – Permanent – Bristol – Competitive Salary & Benefits DOE
A leading defence organisation based in Bristol are seeking a Sparkworks RF Technologist to join their team on a permanent basis. This role is an opportunity for engineers and scientists to develop high power Radio Frequency devices and systems and to be part of a multidisciplinary team.
* Successful candidates will work as part of the RF Technologies group and will be responsible for carrying out research and development of high power Radio Frequency transmitters and pulsed power equipment, either as part of a larger team or on individual projects.
* The role includes task/project definition, concept generation, design work and laboratory testing.
* Depending on the role Level it may include definition, management and delivery of tasks of a size 1 or 2 people per year.
What are we looking for?
* A recent graduate (Bsc/PhD) or experienced engineer/scientist, with a demonstrated ability to identify creative solutions to complex technical problems
* Candidates will ideally have experience in several of the following areas: electromagnetics, high power electromagnetics, high power RF technology or pulsed power. Use of electromagnetic, electrostatic and circuit simulation tools, such as CST Studio Suite, Altair Hyperworks, COMSOL & PSPICE
* Use of tools such as Matlab and Simulink
In undertaking this role you would be joining the RF Technologies team in Sparkworks, which is a dynamic, cohesive group of about 15 engineers and scientists that are developing new technologies.
Please be aware that many roles working for this organisation will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.