Splunk Security Engineer – Preston/UK wide – £45,000-70,000
A global leader in the defence and aerospace sector is looking for several experienced Splunk focused Security Engineers to join their team. This role is ideally based in Preston, however other UK locations can be considered for the right candidate.
We’re in the middle of implementing Splunk across the organisation and are looking for engineers to support this process, as well as the migration of other tools such as ArcSight or LogRhythm.
Experience implementing and configuring Splunk is essential, as well as the day to day maintenance, troubleshooting and usage.
Due to the nature of the role and the client’s you’ll work with, candidates must hold, or be eligible for, SC clearance. To that end you should have lived and worked in the UK for the last 5 years and have a clean criminal record.
* Manage documentation of the dashboard design including metric details and operational runbooks
* Collaborate with Splunk Operations and Service Owner teams throughout the project lifecycle
* Implement dashboards into test and production environments
* Report on the health of the estate
* Provide daily support to business functions and end-users, including problem solving with 3rd parties if needed
* Provide knowledge transfer to team personnel on Splunk solutions
* Analyse, architect, test and document deployment strategy of Splunk infrastructure
Your skills and qualifications:
* Hands on expertise within Splunk including certification
* Knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
* Install, configure, and maintain the Splunk framework and associated product suites
* Experience in search, deployment and development, such as Data normalisation (CIM) Building a series of interconnected dashboards / an entire app
* Implement, operate, and maintain network security devices
* Work with security engineering team to integrate new capabilities, plan life cycle replacements, and provide input into the security architecture roadmaps
* Report acceleration, summary indexing, tstats, etc.
* Splunk reports / data outside of Splunk and into other tools
* Data input filtering with regex / configs
On offer for the right candidate is a salary between £45-70k depending on your experience, as well as a bonus scheme and opportunities for share purchase. You’ll receive a great benefits package with good pension contributions, flexible working and a range of other benefits.
You’ll be supported at every step of your career and have huge opportunities to learn new skills, take on additional responsibilities and challenges. A perfect role for someone looking to progress their career – technically or into management.
Splunk Security Engineer – Preston/UK Wide – £45,000-70,000
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.