Structural Test Engineer – Stevenage – Competitive Salary & Benefits
A leading defence manufacturing organisation require a Structural Test Engineer to join their experienced team within the Environmental Engineering and Facilities department.
As the Test Engineer you will be working with a range of test facilities to support a high technology product development. You will deal with failure investigations whilst being involved in the development of new techniques, to improve effectiveness and reliability.
* Provide expertise in defining structural and fatigue test activities in support of product development.
* Accountable for delivery of all structural and fatigue testing aspects of assigned projects.
* Plan, manage and deliver assigned project tasks or work packages to the required quality, timescale and budget.
* Ensure effective communication regarding structural and fatigue aspects with stakeholders.
* Maintain awareness of relevant quality standards and compile accurate and up to date records of test activities.
* Evaluate technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements.
* Conduct a full range of technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation / selection of technical options, and prepare reports (with recommendations) to support the resolution of problems and improvement of engineering capability.
* Technical review of structural test documentation, including reports.
* Provide technical support to customer discussions during bid phase where necessary to ensure capture of structural and fatigue aspects.
To be considered for this role candidates will ideally be HNC/HND qualified or equivalent and have good verbal and written communication abilities. You will be able to work within a team environment and have experience of structural testing, as well as knowledge of instrumentation types.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organisation on a permanent basis. Less experienced candidates will also be considered who are willing to learn on the job. This would start at a lower level with the opportunity for progression as skills and experience develop.
Please be aware that many roles working for this company will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.