System Design Engineer
6-Month Contract – South East London
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a market leading Telecommunications company who are seeking a System Design Engineer to join their team on a 6-month contract basis. There is opportunity for this position to be extended or potentially even turn into a permanent role.
Within this role you will be assisting in defining the architecture required to meet the performance specifications of the company’s next generation product. Additionally, you will develop an understanding of the bespoke product being able to determine suitable technologies and methodologies to meet the system requirements.
The role is full-time, onsite based in South East London.
* Definition of top-level PFE functionality required to meet the operational, environmental and safety requirements of the product.
* Identifying methods and prospective technologies required to meet the feature list and defining blocks for research and development.
* Partitioning of functions between hardware and software implementation and assessing the impact of architecture choices (including redundancy/duplication) on the PFE and how they affect:
Reliability / Availability / Sparing Requirements
Safety and Functionality
Maintainability / Manufacturability
Cost and size
* Generation of performance and reliability budgets from top requirements and budget allocation between the functional blocks down to the Replaceable Unit level.
* Preparation of requirement specifications for the various sub-blocks as input to the hardware and software design engineers. Specifications to be structured with verifiable requirements for the validation engineers.
Simulation (e.g. PSpice, PLECS)
MS Office tools
To be considered for this position you will have a Degree in Electronics/Electrical/System Engineering or equivalent and have a good understanding of software and hardware systems. You will also have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant role.
stream is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.