System Safety Authority
Templecombe, Bristol & Cheadle
Stream Resourcing are currently working with a leading defence company who have recently secured a major international maritime defence project. As a result, they are seeking an experienced Safety engineer to join their team to oversee the overall coordination of system safety activities in a large project context. This is a permanent position which offers the opportunity to work on an exciting, state of the art programme, which is a key milestone in the development of the European defence industry, as well as working for a company which champions personal growth and development.
Your main objective as a Systems Safety Specialist will be to lead and manage all necessary activities, meeting the contractual and legal safety obligations for a large navy project. You will be the general point of contact for safety matters for the customer, subcontractors and the clients development organization. You will assess safety related requirements and risks, evaluating residual risks of all contributors involved and act when necessary.
Key tasks include:
* Set-up, maintain and execute the safety management plan
* Interact with the customer regarding project safety matters (progress, explaining, negotiations etc)
* Manage subcontractors regarding allocated system safety responsibilities
* Align safety-related activities
* Report, advise and decide on integral safety issues in the project
* Manage the overall safety case and make sure the project’s safety file gets complete.
* Has a relevant master or polytechnic engineering degree, or equivalent
* Has demonstrable experience as a safety manager, within programme teams delivering complex product engineering
* Is certified by TÜV Rheinland or has comparable certified expertise
* Masters risk-based integral project management
* Is familiar with system engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering and system/software verification principles
* Is familiar with international safety standards and legislations like IEC 61508, IEC 62368, IEC 60950, EN MIL-STD-882, DEF-STAN, CE, REACh;
* Has the ability to see the big picture, and is capable of interacting with all engineering disciplines
* Has well-developed analytical and conceptual skills
* Has good communication and persuasive skills to effectively interact with customers, subcontractors and management
* Is experienced in applying German safety standards and legislation (preferable)
Please note: Due to the nature of this role, successful applicants must be able to satisfy a full Security Clearance check, as recognised by the UK MOD.
stream is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.